In order to provide a safe environment for children and youth to grow and learn, all of our programs and classes for children and youth adhere to our Safe Sanctuaries policy. Below are the key principles of Safe Sanctuaries. To learn more, please contact the church office.
- All volunteers who work with children and youth undergo criminal background and child abuse clearances. Clearances are renewed every three years.
- At least two cleared adults are present at all times for every class and program.
- If a child or youth has a need to speak one-on-one with a volunteer, the conversation is held in open view of others.
- All volunteers are at least five years older than the children/youth which they serve.
- All volunteers receive initial and periodic training to ensure knowledge of, and compliance with, our Safe Sanctuaries policy.